Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Cabin

Growing up, my family and I would go to my Great Aunt and Uncle's cabin in Flagstaff AZ every year for my birthday.  I love that cabin.  I have so many great memories from that place, filled with loved ones and good times.  So for my big 30th birthday, I got to take my husband and children to the same cabin to share with them this very special place.  And my Mom and Dad came too :)

Once we got in and settled, we went for a walk.


On my birthday, which happens to also be the Fourth of July (if you didnt know:), the girls left me messages in rocks.



 What sweet and thoughtful children I have :)


Turning 30 was hard, but if I think on the accomplishments Ive achieved in the 30 years Ive existed, I feel a little better :)
Included in that list, and the most important on it, are these guys.



Birthday selfies!



We walked down to the main street for the Fourth of July parade.  Beside the crazy nazi traffic control lady, it was fun.  It was mostly just families in the community that decorated their cars or fancy off road golf carts.




When we got home the girls went to work to transform the wagon into a Fourth of July float.  It had balloons, streamers and signs.  Then when my parents and I went into town for the afternoon, they paraded along the streets.  Caylee was sitting in the wagon waving and Sue was pulling it.  Cay stood up right when Sue pulled the wagon and Caylee toppled out... right on her head.
There was a lot of screaming, and blood.


And a rather large gory bump to show me when I got back.  Happy birthday to me!  Im glad she was ok.

Later that day and the next, the girls sat on the corner of the street and sold the candy they got from the parade to passerbys.  They made like five dollars!

It was an awesome stay at one of my most favorite places and a wonderful birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment