I really wanted to take the kids to see the Provo City Center Temple while it was open for the open house. I didn't think we would be able to because of time issues and travel issues. When I found out it was only open for four more days, I pack the kids up and we went. It was very spontaneous. Im not a spontaneous person, at all. Im a planner through and through so this was very much an adventure for us. It was fast, lots of driving and amazing. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
It was so meaningful that the kids got to see the inside of the temple. Now when Bret or I say we are going to the temple they can kind of visualize that. It was so beautiful inside and it took our breath away. In the celestial room Alaina whispers to me, "I want to be married here."
My favorite part was meeting up with a childhood friend who is a Provo police officer. He was actually on duty at the temple that day so we talked to him for a while. Its so fun to see old friends, theres really nothing like it. He told us all about the temple and the fire and how it started and all that inside info. The girls loved hearing about it.
We went to BYU and stopped by BYUtv. We really wanted a tour of Studio C but they weren't available. We got to see down into where they record the sketches and they had some fun stuff out there for us to look at.
We stopped by the Provo temple too. Provo is so pretty.
And of course we had to stop by the BYU creamery and get some ice cream.
That was Sue's favorite part.
Alaina is a bug BYU fan and wants to go there for college. She REALLY wanted a picture with the sign so we made that happen. Maybe we can retake this picture in 7 years or so.
Sometimes we need to follow our hearts even when its crazy. I didn't want to let this opportunity to go by. If I can give my children experiences that will strengthen them and give them memories that will last forever, I will do my best to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment