Sunday, January 31, 2016

Salt Lake Trip Pt 1

For Christmas this year we didn't get the kids gifts and we didn't get each other gifts.  We used our christmas money to take a trip to Salt Lake to see Temple Square.
The kids knew about it for a while and were really excited about it.

The first thing we did when we got to the hotel was go swimming.  This is what the kids were most excited about.

Early, very early, the next morning Bret and I headed to the Salt Lake Temple to do a session.  it was incredible.  This temple is so beautiful and intricate and detailed.  I could have sat in each room for hours and not seen all there was.  Im really happy we got to have that opportunity.
Bret and I went back to the hotel and gathered everyone up.  We took the train from the hotel to downtown Salt Lake.  I didn't want to have to worry about driving and parking downtown.  The train was easy and the kids loved it.

We did Temple Square on Tuesday.  It was cold.  Really cold.  And snowing.
We looked at the temple and snapped a picture and then went in the visitor center.  The kids liked looking at all the stuff and watching the videos.




We went to the tabernacle for a organ concert after that.  it was pretty neat.  They did a little demonstration about the dynamics and acoustics n the tabernacle.  Caylee and Dash got a but bored and Alaina and Braelyn enjoyed the concert.
 After the concert we went to the Joseph Smith memorial building for lunch.  We ate at the Nauvoo Cafe.  After lunch we walked around the building and oooed and ahhhed at all the beautiful architecture.  


 We went up to the 10th floor and saw Temple Square from there.  Its was beautiful.

I missing some pictures and thats making me sad.  After lunch we went over to the visitor center again for a sister missionary led tour.  They took us through a really neat video about the Plan of salvation that made my Dad and I cry like blubbering babies.  I get it from him you know.  Then they took us to Seagull Monument and told the kids the story behind it.  Then we went in the Assembly Hall and they told us about that.  We took a picture of them with our family in the Assembly Hall and everything and I cant find the pictures.  Weird.

After that we went to the Church History Museum.  It was really crowded and not very fun with kid actually. 

They had a small section for kids (which was swarming) but Dash got to play with tangrams for a few minutes.

 At this point Braelyn, Caylee and Dash are done with the day.  But we had more to do.

Next we went to the conference center, which I was really excited about and interested to see.

We got to go on a tour right away.  I know the conference center is big, and I was ready for it to be so so big.  But even with knowing that, its so big it kinda blows your mind a bit.  Its an enormous building.  I don't think I've ever seen a bigger open space in a building before.
It was pretty incredible.
I also loved all the artwork and sculptures and busts and wonderful things found in the conference center.  Its an amazing place.

During and after the Conference Center tour Braelyn, Caylee and Dash were done.  Sue was laying on the floor and Dash was tired and everywhere, like he gets when he's tired.  It was starting to get dark and the lights were just coming on around Temple Square.  We walked across the street to the temple.  


 


Caylee had been chewing on her gloves all day, even after being told  not to several times.  So when the sun went down and it got colder, her hands were frozen.  She started SCREAMING because she was tired and cold and miserable.  Which, how nice of her, made the rest of us miserable too.  Needless to say we didn't stick around long to see the lights.  Back on the train we went and back to the hotel.

Everyone went down to the pool but I needed a bit of a break from these naughty ungrateful children of mine.  So I stayed upstairs and ate some food and watched a show.  By the time everyone got back, I was ready to be a mom again.

This ended day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment