Monday, December 10, 2012

Disneyland- Friday Afternoon

After a refreshing snack and break, we headed over to Tomorrow Land to see what we could do there. 

While Bret stayed with a sleeping Dash and Jena went to get fast passes for Space Mountain Nolan, Susan, Alaina, Braelyn, Caylee and I drove the cars in Autopia.  Caylee, Alaina and Braelyn drove with me, Nolan and Susan as passengers.  That was a lot of fun.  The girls thought it was the best thing ever to be driving a real car (the adults had to work the gas pedal as it was too hard to push down).  I love this picture of Caylee.  It looks like she just out for a daily drive.



Susan and Braelyn right behind us.


Alaina and Nolan pulling up.

 Next we went on the Submarines.  They have changed a lot since Ive been to Disneyland (15 years ago).  Now its Nemo themed, which the kids loved since they have seen Finding Nemo like 6 million times.

The line was pretty long.



The girls liked this ride for the most part.  They liked seeing all the Nemo stuff.  I think Braelyn thought it was too slow.  That girls all about action and speed.  Alaina and Caylee both got nervous when the lights went out like the submarine crashed.

After the submarine, Susan stayed with Alaina and Dash while Braelyn, Nolan, Jena, Bret and I went on Space Mountain.  I thought this would be too intense for Braelyn since its super dark and way fast and jerky and things, but she.loved.it.  She does this awesome impression of Space Mountain where she counts down and then makes this awesome fast roller coaster sound and throws and waves her arms in knots.  Pretty good impression.
She was laughing hysterically the whole time.

After that we went back to the hotel for some lunch and a rest up.  Then we were back and ready for more.  First we headed to Adventure Land and the girls ran through Tarzan's Treehouse.  That was fun for them and they liked that a lot.  
On the way the Splash Mountain we saw Princess Jasmine.  The girls wanted to meet her so we waited in the short line.  They liked talking to her.

Sassy with Jasmine.
 Dash was asleep again.  I swear he didnt sleep the entire time we were at Disneyland.  We did take a lot of pictures of him sleeping though.  His little tongue sticking out in this one was too cute not to capture.

Anyway, since Dash was asleep again, Jena stayed with him while Nolan, Susan, Bret, Alaina, Braelyn and I went on Splash Mountain.  Caylee was too little so she hung out with Jena too.
Cruising around on Splash Mountain.

This picture says it all.  For real.  Terrified Alaina and happy excited thrill hungry Braelyn.

Dispite her look, she loved Splash Mountian and wanted to do it again.  Since it was getting dark out and a little chilly for the California folks, there was no line.  Nolan took Caylee on the Winnie the Pooh ride and Susan stayed with Dash while Jena, Bret, Braelyn, Alaina and I went on Splash Mountain again.  They loved it even more the second time.

After Splash Mountain, Dash woke up and we stood in the longest line yet to go in the Haunted Mansion.  It was all different for Christmas.  It was all Nightmare Before Christmasish.  It was ok, but I liked the norma Haunted Mansion better.  The girls liked it.  Alaina got a little freaked out with the ghosts riding with her.

We went on Pirates of the Caribbean next.  That was fun because we could all go on, even Dash.  The girls loved it.  They liked seeing all the action and such.  They added Jack since Ive been there.  Dash liked it too, except for the couple of drops we took.  He got an awesome I-Cant-Breath look on his face and held onto Bret's arm really tight.

After Pirates we had some dinner.  As we were searching for something to eat Caylee fell asleep in Brets arms.  She was pretty exhausted.  We got chicken fingers for the girls and sandwiches for the adults.  Bret went back to the hotel with Dash and Caylee.  He managed to make it back to the hotel holding Caylee and pushing the stroller by himself.  What can I say, Bret is an amazing guy.


 The rest of us went on Thunder Mountain.  Alaina was super nervous to go and Braelyn was way excited.  I got to sit next to Susan on this ride and lemme tell you, if you ever have a chance to sit next to Susan on a roller coaster, do it.  It is more entertaining than the ride itself.  I think I was laughing more at Susan clinging to me and screaming than I was from the roller coaster.  Anyway, I would glace back at Alaina and Nolan once in a while and she mostly had this "Im pretty sure this is how Im going to die" look on her face most of the time.  Jena and Braelyn were having a blast.

Alaina really really wanted to go on Its a Small World so we wandered over there.  It was closed for the  fireworks (it was only like 7:30 though.  The fireworks dont go off until 9, but whatever).  Alaina was sad.  Her and Susan decided to call it a night and went back to the hotel.

Nolan wanted to go on Star Tours so him, Jena, Braelyn and I headed over there.  It was really crazy because I thought it would get less crowded at night.  No way.  I was so wrong.  It was so busy we could hardly walk through the crowds.  Anyway, Star Tours won the prize for the longest line.  We waited for a while.  Braelyn liked it for the most part, but some of it kinda freaked her out.  I saw her keep taking off her 3-D glasses to try and see what was real and what wasnt.  She really liked it when we got eaten by a sea monster and when Darth Vader (the black guy) held us with the force.  She also thought the guy on the end of the needle who crashed through our windshield was pretty funny.  Honestly, it made me nauseous and I had my eyes closed most of the time.  Having babies has messed with my motion sickness tolerance!



After Star Tours we called it a night and headed back.  

The girls were so great.  They never complained or cried or anything of being tired, and you know they had to be.  Especially Braelyn being out so late.  She had a little moment when we were going back to the hotel for lunch.  She decided she was tired and couldn't walk anymore.  I think she thought that if she wasn't walking toward or in Disneyland, what was the point of walking at all?!

All in all we decided the family is made up of two groups, the Nothing is Better Than Disneyland group and the Id Rather Do Something Else Beside Go To Disneyland group.  Susan and Bret are steadfast Id Rather Do Something Else Beside Go To Disneyland group members.  Actually they are the President and CEO.  Nolan, Jena, Me and Braelyn are definitely in the Nothing is Better Than Disneyland group.  Alaina, Caylee and Dash are yet to be decided :)



No comments:

Post a Comment