Thursday, December 13, 2012

California Adventure- Saturday Morning

Saturday morning we were up and at em bright and early eagerly awaiting a new day full of fun!  My camera decided to poop out Friday night.  Great timing eh.  Sad day.  Luckily I had my phone and I touch and Bret had his Iphone so we do have some pictures of Saturday at California Adventure.

The first place we went was Soaring Over California.  Jena stayed with Caylee and Dash.  It was a fun one.  I liked how you could smell the places you went.  Alaina and Braelyn thought it was pretty cool too.

Next we went over to the Grizzly Peak Rapids.  Nolan, Jena, Braelyn, Alaina and I went on it first.  This one was way fun!!  We got a little wet but it was worth it.

We headed over to the Redwood Obstacle Course.  The girls liked this a lot.  They had rock climbing (more like bouldering) and zip lines and netted walkways and everything.  They enjoyed that a lot.



Then we went back to Grizzly Peak Rapids so Bret could go on.  This time Alaina and Bret got soaked.  Braelyn did this crazy person evil laugh when Daddy got wet and she didnt.  It was awesome.

Then we had a little rest for a snack while Jena ran over to get a fast pass for the new Cars ride.  She came back with bad news that they had run out for the day.  Cars Land is brand new so we knew we probably wouldnt be riding those rides today.

After our break we went on the Golden Zephyr   Caylee was able to go on that one so it was fun.  Nolan, Jena, Alaina, Braelyn, Caylee and I went on it.  Bret took Dash to get changed so that worked out.  Susan isnt a fan of going around in circles.  After I got off I cant say I blamed her!

After that, Alaina went on the Jumping Jellyfish with Alaina.  Jena, Braelyn and I went on the Goofy's Flying School Roller Coaster.  Braelyn loved loved that one and wanted to go again but the line was too long.  It was actually kind of a freaky one because you felt like you were going to just fly off the track at any minute.  Probably why my crazy child liked it.

Jena got fast passes for Tower of Terror so while Susan stayed with Dash, Caylee and Alaina (Alaina didnt want to go) Nolan, Jena, Bret, Braelyn and I went over to Tower of Terror.  I was actually really nervous for this ride.  I had heard it was intense.  Braelyn was totally excited to go.  Turns out, for me it wasnt that bad.  I think if we had been dropped again I might have lost my snack...and possibly breakfast.  But it wasnt as scary as I thought it would be.  Braelyn was traumatized and didnt like it at all.  I think, though, that it was more the Twilight Zone part of the ride that freaked her out more than the actual dropping part.  She asked me before it dropped us if we were still in our world.  Funny...but kinda sad at the same time!

While we were doing the Tower of Terror, Susan took Alaina and Caylee on the Lady Bug Spinner (which was pretty brave of her! Again with the spinning).  When we got back Bret took Braelyn on the Flicks Flyers ride.  I took the three girls on the Chew Chew train and Bret and Jena went on the Tuck and Roll ride.  Alaina and Caylee liked the train one because you could smell different foods and they liked Heimlich's accent.  Braelyn didnt really like it because, "It was kinda slow."



After A Bugs Land we went back to the hotel for lunch and for a rest.

When we got back to California Adventure, we walked through Cars Land.  I think this was my favorite land.  It was so cool to actually walk through the main street of Radiator Springs!  We saw Lightening McQueen but there was a huge line to meet him.




After Radiator Springs we did the Ariel Ride.  All three girls loved this.  Dash needed another bum change so Bret and Dash missed out on the Ariel Ride.  Im sure they were both crushed.

We literally ran over to the Aladdin Show, meeting Bret outside seconds before they shut the doors.  We got seats in the theater, in three sections.  It was a fun show, hilarious geni and inappropriate jokes. Then right when Aladdin was going to take Jasmine on the magic carpet ride the house lights come on and they say, "Due to unforeseen circumstances tonights performance of Aladdin has been cancelled."  We all, the entire audience, just sat there like...oh haha, youre funny.  But no, they were serious and they kicked us out.  How crazy is that?!

I guess the good thing about getting kicked out of the show early was that we got to catch the end of the Pixar Parade.  The girls were in heaven.  Caylee got a good view from Papa's shoulders and a couple nice people let Alaina and Braelyn sneak in front of them to sit on the curb.
My favorite Braelyn moment of the day (aside from the scary evil crazy person laugh from earlier): When Jessie went by on the Toy Story float and she ripped her sweater off to show Jessie her shirt, which was indeed a Jessie shirt.  She was pointing ferociously and screaming at Jessie to see her.  It was hilarious.




After the parade we had dinner.  Alaina requested pizza (surprise surprise) so we went over to a pasta and pizza place.  This place was muuuch better than the night before.  The kids meals were decently priced and got a lot of food.  I had spaghetti and it was very yum.

Dash had yet another dirty bum and we were out of diapers.  Parenthood FAIL!  Luckily they had those cool diaper kits in the bathroom.  It was a size three diaper but it fit him until Bret could get back to the hotel with Caylee and Dash.
While all that was happening Jena took Braelyn on the Goofy roller coaster again.

After Bret left with the two littest ones, the rest of us went over to the California Screamin.  That was the one I had been waiting all day to go on!  Susan took Alaina and Braelyn on the merry go round while Nolan, Jena and I went on the roller coaster.  I loved it.  It was awesome.  My favorite moment was when we were just about to bullet off and I look over to see my little girls waving to me.  Later Braelyn said, "Woah!  Mom!  You just took off so fast!  I want to do THAT one!!"

Alaina was to see the water and lights show sooooo bad.  She talked about it all day, so we made it a point to watch it.  Especially since she really wanted to go to Its A Small World and didnt get to.  So we waited outside by the water for a good 45 minutes before it started.  At one point we got bored so we left Nolan to guard our spot and went window shopping.  What we ended up doing was trying on a lot of hats :)


The World of Color show was aaaaamazing.  It was worth the wait in the cold.  The girls liked it a lot too :)

After that we were all cold stiff so we went back to the hotel.  And that was our day at California Adventure.





No comments:

Post a Comment