Sunday, May 4, 2014

Learning to Shoot

Not only did I grow up riding motorcycles, I grew up shooting guns too.  I know, try not to be too jealous :)  From a very young age I knew about guns and how to shoot and how to treat them.  I wanted my girls to learn about gun safety and learn the proper respect for guns.  They aren't bad or scary, but they are dangerous and need to be treated as such.

After some exploration...

and some lunch....

we got down to business.  Each girl had a lesson on shooting.

Al was afraid of the 22, so she shot my Dad's air pellet gun.  It makes like zero noise.  She liked that.

The learned how to aim with and without the scope and they each got to shoot at a coupe targets we had out.  Cay shot too, but I was helping her so I didn't get a picture.  Sorry Cay!  She was the most excited about it.  They all had fun.

Then the adults got to shoot some special targets and we all enjoyed ourselves.  My Dad put a target (they are small water bottles) out at 75 yards and says, "You cant shoot that on your first shot."  So...I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment